Beat & Verse Monthly Open Mic & Writing Meetup. An alternating open mic and writing meetup for the writing crowd. Songwriters, poets, storytellers, essayists, ramblers, we’re talking to you. $5 suggested donation. Learn more.
Meet over tea and snacks at Forever Wild Apothecary, 2669 Main Street in Lake Placid.
- Wednesday, January 29th at 7pm (Writing Meetup)
- Wednesday, February 26th at 7pm (Open Mic)
Howl Story Slam. True stories, told locally.
An open mic storytelling competition for the North Country and Adirondacks, open to anyone with a true, five-minute story to share on the theme. Presented by Adirondack Center for Writing and North Country Public Radio.
Theme: “Fish Out of Water”
- Friday, February 21st, 7pm at The Stadium Sports Bar, Canton
- Friday, March 20th, 7pm at The Waterhole, Saranac Lake
Rustic Readers Book Club is calling all readers! We’re teaming up with Adirondack Experience to launch a new book club focused on classic and contemporary books about, set in, or inspired by this unique region we all know and love – the Adirondacks. Bring your brown bag lunch, your book, and your brains. We’ll supply coffee, chocolate, and a lively conversation.
Featured book: “An American Tragedy” by Theodore Dreiser
- Sunday, March 8th 11:30am-1:00pm, Adirondack Experience Auditorium, Blue Mountain Lake
Forging a Compass to Craft Fearless Poems with Arhm Choi Wild
Perfect for: new poets, experienced poets looking to build personal manifesto into their poetry. Five-week online class. Learn more.
- Starts May 4, 2020 in Google Classroom
- Early Bird Registration (ends April 15, 2020): $150
- Registration: $200