Howl Story Slam. An open mic storytelling competition, open to anyone with a five-minute story to share on the theme. Presented by North Country Public Radio and the Adirondack Center for Writing. $5 suggested donation. View full schedule here.
Theme: Hot Mess
- Friday, August 23rd 7pm @ Recovery Lounge Upper Jay
- Thursday, September 5th @ The Barn at 1844 House Potsdam
- Friday, September 20th @ barVino North Creek
- Friday, October 4th @ Raquette River Brewing Tupper Lake
ACW Bookmobile. The newest, cutest pop-up bookstore is here and coming to a town near you this summer! Hang with us and find your new favorite read.
Where to find the Bookmobile:
- Thursday, August 29th mid-day @ Whallonsburg Grange, afternoon @ Park Motor Inn
- Thursday, August 30th morning @ Raquette Lake Supply Co.
- Friday, September 13th @ Indian Lake Antique Festival
Beat & Verse Monthly Open Mic. An open mic for the writing crowd. Got writing? Stories? Songs? Poems? We want it all! $5 suggested donation. Last Wednesday of every month. Meet over tea and snacks at Bliss & Vinegar in Lake Placid. Sponsored by our friends at Northern Power & Light.
- Wednesday, August 28th at 8pm
- Wednesday, September 25th at 7pm
The Author’s Table @ Saranac Lake Art Walks. The galleries are open, there’s music in the street, there are books to explore. Come meet your new favorite book and local authors under the tree at ACW offices in downtown Saranac Lake. Sign up for the Author’s Table today!
- Thursday, September 19th 5-7:30pm
Reading with Residency Writers. The resident writers at the Anne LaBastille Writers Residency will read from their current writing projects at the gorgeous residency lodge. This event is free and open to the public. Snacks and drinks will be served. Contact us for directions and to RSVP.
- Saturday, October 12th 2-4pm @ The Lodge at Twitchell Lake
High School Writing Retreat. High school students, classes, and homeschooled students are invited to join for a day of performances, workshops, and general awesomeness.
- Thursday, October 31st-Friday, November 1st 9am-3pm @ Paul Smith’s College