TELL A TALE. The [Howl Story Slam] wants to hear your true stories, told locally at your favorite community venues. The story must be true, and yours to tell, told no notes, within a 5 minute time limit.Theme: Leap of Faith/Going for It. Presented in partnership with North Country Public Radio. $5 suggested donation, open to public.
- May 24 at 7pm Valcour Brewing Co. in Plattsburgh
- June 15 at 7pm Recovery Lounge in Upper Jay
- Adirondack Literary Awards. June 3 at 2pm at Heaven Hill Farm
- Celebrate Summer ACW Benefit Dinner. June 3 at 5pm at Heaven Hill Farm. RSVP by May 28.
Are you a current member? Vote for the People’s Choice Award now.
EXPLORE & WRITE. Join a group of like-minded women for a reading and writing retreat at the Anne LaBastille Women’s Writing Weekend. Activities will include writing workshops, reflective paddling, arts-based activities, technical writing and experiential learning, and Adirondack-based readings to contemplate the role of sense of place in nature writing.
- Anne LaBastille Women’s Writing Weekend. June 29-July 1 at Great Camp Sagamore in Raquette Lake.
EXPERIENCE. We’ve partnered with local actors to turn your favorite Russell Banks book, “Rule of the Bone” to an on-stage one man show. Whether you’ve read the book or have never heard of it, you’ll have a great time! Author Russell Banks will attend and offer a Q&A session following the show. More info to come.
- Rule of the Bone LIVE. July 22 at 7pm, location announced soon.
LEARN. Join us for an evening with acclaimed author, Bill McKibben who will read from his latest release and first novel, Radio Free Vermont. Books available for purchase, signing to follow. Free for PSC Alumni & Students, $10 for Public. Radio Free Vermont, the book that’s also the beginning of a movement, is Bill McKibben’s debut novel that follows a band of Vermont patriots who decide that their state might be better off as its own republic.
- An Evening with Bill McKibben. July 27 at 7:30pm at Paul Smith’s College VIC.