Howl Story Slam. An open mic storytelling competition, open to anyone with a five-minute story to share on the theme. Presented by North Country Public Radio and the Adirondack Center for Writing. $5 suggested donation. View full schedule here.
Theme: Hot Mess
- Friday, September 20th @ barVino North Creek
- Friday, October 4th @ Raquette River Brewing Tupper Lake
- Thursday, November 7th @ Deer’s Head Inn Elizabethtown
- Wednesday, November 13th @ Big Slide Brewery & Public House Lake Placid
Beat & Verse Monthly Open Mic. An open mic for the writing crowd. Got writing? Stories? Songs? Poems? We want it all! $5 suggested donation. Last Wednesday of every month. Meet over tea and snacks at Bliss & Vinegar in Lake Placid. Sponsored by our friends at Northern Power & Light.
- Wednesday, September 25th 7pm
- Wednesday, October 30th 7pm
Reading with Residency Writers. The resident writers at the Anne LaBastille Writers Residency will read from their current writing projects at the gorgeous residency lodge. This event is free and open to the public. Snacks and drinks will be served. Contact us for directions and to RSVP.
- Saturday, October 12th 2-4pm @ The Lodge at Twitchell Lake
High School Writing Retreat. High school students, classes, and homeschooled students are invited to join for a day of performances, workshops, and general awesomeness. Featured performance poets and workshop leaders are Roya Marsh, Jon Sands.
- Thursday, October 31st-Friday, November 1st 9am-3pm @ Paul Smith’s College Gabriels
A Murder Mystery fundraising event for the Adirondack Center for Writing. Another murder has happened at the infamous Porcupine Inn! You’re invited to help investigate the mystery over appetizers and drinks. Tickets required, reserve online by Oct 30. $75 per person. Drinks & food included.