We believe every story is important, which is why we work hard to create programs and events where you can share yours.
Give now, we have more stories to tell. We need your help keeping stories alive!
Events & Programs
WRITE. [Fiction Writing Weekend Workshop] led by Maaza Mengiste at the Great Camp Sagamore from September 15-17, 2017. For every writer ready to take their writing to the next level. Maaza Mengiste will inspire, support, and challenge you. [Reserve] your space for the early bird rate before August 7.
TELL A STORY. Come to tell a story, or just enjoy the show! [The Howl Story SLAM] is an open microphone storytelling competition open to anyone with a five-minute story to share on the night’s theme, “Fear”. The Howl Story Slam is a collaboration with North Country Public Radio, the result is an event presented by two local organizations who care deeply for stories.
- July 13 at 7pm at Adirondack Hotel in Long Lake
- July 14 at 7:30pm at the Clayton Opera House in Clayton
- August 17 at 7:00pm at VIEW Arts Center in Old Forge
- August 18 at 7:00pm at Township 7 Brewing Co. in Dickinson Center
- September 7 at 7:00pm at Best Western in Watertown
- September 8 at 7:00pm at barVino in North Creek
- October 5 at 7:00pm at the Deer’s Head Inn in Elizabethtown
- October 6 at 7:00pm at the Parting Glass Pub in Saratoga Springs
LISTEN. The Library Reading Series brings award-winning regional authors to libraries in your towns and villages. All the [readings] are free and open to the public, and made possible by a generous grant through the Lake Placid Education Foundation.
- “Terror in the Adirondacks” with Lawrence Gooley on July 13 at 7pm, Lake Pleasant Public Library
- “We Were There” with Daniel Way on July 19 at 7pm, Lake Pleasant Public Library
- “An Adirondack Vacation in 1890” with Neil Surprenant on July 19 at 6pm, Hillview Free Library
- An Afternoon with Neal Burdick on August 14 at 2pm, Lake Pleasant Public Library
- “True Wilderness” with Erik Schlimmer on August 18 at 6pm, Lake Pleasant Public Library
- “An Evening of Lively Storytelling” with Joseph Bruchac on August 22 at 6pm, Plattsburgh Public Library