ACW’s pop-up bookstore traveled around the Adirondacks during the summer of 2020, bringing the books to the people throughout the region at local ice cream stands.
Folks in small towns that don’t have their own bookstores perused and purchased new and used books for all ages. For this initiative, ACW teamed up with local bookstores to feature staff picks on board including The Book Nook, Bookstore Plus, and TREES Adirondack Gifts & Books.
Check out the coverage of the ACW Bookmobile on the 6 o’clock news!
The bookmobile visited:
- Teddy’s Ice Cream, Bloomingdale
- Donnelly’s Ice Cream, Saranac Lake
- Whitebrook Dairy Bar, Wilmington
- Skyline Ice Cream, Tupper Lake
- Northern Lights Creamery, Inlet