7Come to tell a story, or just enjoy the show! The Howl Story SLAM is an open microphone storytelling competition open to anyone with a five-minute story to share on the night’s theme, which varies.
Season 3 Howl Story SLAMs
July 13 at 7pm at Adirondack Hotel in Long Lake
July 14 at 7:30pm at the Clayton Opera House in Clayton
August 17 at 7:00pm at VIEW Arts Center in Old Forge
August 18 at 7pm at Township 7 Brewing Co. in Dickinson Center
September 7 at 7pm at Best Western in Watertown
September 8 at 7pm at barVino in North Creek
October 5 at 7pm at Deer’s Head Inn in Elizabethtown
October 6 at 8pm at Parting Glass Pub in Saratoga Springs
Season 3 Howl Story Grand Slam.
November 4 at Pickens Hall in Heuvelton
How does it work? Storytellers (you, your friends and anyone else with a story to tell) put their names in a hat. Names are picked, and one by one, storytellers take the stage and tell us their best story in five minutes. Two local judges will score every story to select The Howl Story SLAM winners of the night.
What else? All stories have to be true and come from personal experience. No notes. Do you need to be a professional storyteller? Heck no! Just tell it from the heart!
The The Howl Story SLAM is brought to you by North Country Public Radio and the Adirondack Center for Writing, a partnership brought about by a love and support of all stories and storytellers in the Adirondack North Country.
– True stories, told without notes. This includes scribbles on the back of your hands, our judges have great eyesight.
– Your audience is brilliant and easily distracted, jump right into the action of your story.
– Practice your story as much as possible, on the toilet, during your morning commute, in line for coffee. By the time you arrive at the The Howl StorySLAM, you’ll be cool as a cucumber.
– Leave the rants and stand-up routines at home. Bits and pieces of each are welcome, but use humor and rants sparingly!
– Show up and put your name in the hat. When your name is called, you’ve got five minutes to tell your tale!
– Storytellers will be judged on the stories relevance to the night’s theme, a story with a conflict and resolution, and staying in the time limit.
The Howl Story Grand SLAM
Season 2 Grand SLAM Storytellers. Pendragon Theatre hosted our second Howl Story Grand SLAM on June 3, welcoming an audience of over 165.
Visit. The Howl Story SLAM on Facebook