ACW believes in highlighting the talent of authors who live, write, and work here.
At the first annual Kickass Writers Festival, we’re featuring a line-up of regional authors we know you’ll love. And we’re doing it at the brand new stage inside The Garagery at Grizle T’s (behind 53 Main St, Saranac Lake). On Saturday, August 20th at 2PM, hear readings by:
- novelist Christine Kandic-Torres, author of The Girls in Queens
- poet Marilyn McCabe, author of Being Many Seeds and Glass Factory
- poet Kathleen McCoy, author of Ringing the Changes
- fiction writer Pedro Ponce, author of Stories After Goya
- essayist Susannah Q. Pratt, author More or Less
- writer Christopher Shaw, author of The Crazy Wisdom: Memoir of a Friendship
- historian Fran Yardley, author of Finding True North
This event is free to attend and will be hosted by author of The Truth and Legend of Lily Martindale, Mary Sanders Shartle. Visiting fiction faculty, Gwen E. Kirby will also join the event to read from her debut collection, the hilarious and otherworldly Shit Cassandra Saw.
The Garagery is a newly opened performance space and comedy lounge located behind Grizle T’s bar and restaurant at 53 Main street, Saranac Lake. It can be easily accessed by the Dorsey Street parking lot.