The Adirondack Center for Writing is welcoming applications for the position of Communications Manager. Download a pdf of the job description.
Communications Manager Adirondack Center for Writing
Organization Description: ACW cultivates the art of writing and the joy of reading. We celebrate the power of language to invite discovery and to create an understanding of people and sense of place. We build and maintain a community of writing, reading, and listening across disciplines, traditions, ages, and geographies. ACW partners with diverse individuals, organizations and schools to promote the craft of writing and the practice of reading in our communities.
Position Description: ACW is looking for a year-round, full-time Communications Manager. This position oversees the flow of information and communication between ACW and the public. This includes designing marketing and promotional materials, crafting fundraising letters, directing marketing and social media campaigns and representing the organization at our public events.
Responsibilities: The Communications Manager, in collaboration with the Executive Director, is responsible for developing effective messaging and communication strategies throughout all our communication platforms. Other duties include:
- Managing registration and attending events and programs
- Acting as the face of the organization in digital communications and in-person events, this includes some evenings and weekends
- Managing campaigns and appeals, including annual fundraising appeals and social media campaigns
- Managing donor records
Qualifications: The ideal candidate cares about ACW’s mission, has the creativity to produce exciting and interesting content, is very organized, is collaborative in nature, and can communicate both digitally and in-person with a wide variety of populations. Other important skills include:
- 3 years relevant experience
- Familiarity with Canva, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,) or similar program
- Highly collaborative style
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal skills
- Able to multi-task and is very organized
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including ED, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Committed to helping ACW improve the lives of our region’s writers, storytellers, and readers
Note: This position is not remote and does require four days of in-person work in Saranac Lake, NY.
Compensation: Salary range $39,000-42,000, includes benefits
To apply: Submit a letter of intent, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Nathalie Thill at email@example.com.
Applications accepted through August 16th, 2021.