Autumn Leaves: The 22nd annual Glens Falls Chronicle Book Fair is Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Queensbury Hotel in downtown Glens Falls. We hope you can join us!
Now is the time to sign up officially!
Table fees remain the same as last year:
• $25 for a half of an eight-foot table (recommended for individual authors or booksellers/publishers/non-profits with fewer than five titles to sell).
• $45 for a full eight-foot table (typically booksellers/publishers/non-profits with large displays).
• Free for non-profit groups that are not planning to sell anything at their tables.
Your sign-up isn’t official until we receive your table fee. The fee must be paid by Friday, Oct. 27.
Mail a check to The Chronicle Book Fair, P.O. Box 153, Glens Falls NY 12801.
Or charge it to your Visa or Mastercard, by phoning The Chronicle at (518) 792-1126.
Sign up now! It is possible that we will run out of space. More than 120 authors, book sellers, publishers and non-profit groups typically participate in Please note: The Chronicle reserves the right to select the mix of authors, book sellers and other presenters we believe will best serve the local reading public.
How does it work?
Tables, chairs and tablecloths are provided. Electrical outlets are plentiful. We provide advance publicity in the paper, on our Chronicle Facebook page, the Chronicle Book Fair Facebook, and on our Chronicle Website (www.glensfallschronicle.com).
The rest is up to you! Plan to bring a display, cash box and change for selling books, a Square or other credit card reader, and anything else to promote yourself and your book(s). We encourage costumes, give-aways, hand-outs, games, music, kids’ activities — anything interesting. It helps the event, and it helps you!
Most authors sell their own books, but if you cannot, we can help arrange a Plan B.
We hope that all presenters to be there for the full day.
If you do need to arrive late or leave early, we understand. But let me know.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
or Business/Non-profit organization name:
Contact person (if not the individual author):
Name of book/books you will be bringing:
Genre (mystery, children’s, history, etc.):
What do you want me to know about yourself and your books, to help promote them?
For the Program:
• Please provide a pithy 10-word description of yourself and/or your books (for best results, make it good!).
• Please also e-mail a photo of yourself and an image of your book cover. Or remind me if I already have yours from a previous year.
Table size request (half or full):
Is there someone else coming I should seat you near?
Do you need an electrical outlet?
Any other special needs/requests?
Would you like to participate in the following? Check up to three. The final schedule is at Chronicle discretion.
• Individual author talk – half hour or full hour (include topic):
• Five-minute readings, rapid-fire continuous author readings (fun!):
• Children’s storytime:
• Panel talk on “How I Got Published:
• Panel talk on “Writing about the Adirondacks”:
• Panel talk on “Writing about History”:
• Other suggestion:
FINALLY — HELP US GET THE WORD OUT!
Help us spread the message about the Book Fair on your own Web site, to your e-mail list, by word of mouth, Tweet, Like and post on all your Social Media outlets — however you usually connect with your readers!
Also, please DO post additional information about yourself and your book(s) on the “Glens Falls Chronicle Book Fair” Facebook page and suggest the page to all your Friends. Tag The Chronicle and the Book Fair in any Facebook postings and Twitter. #ChronicleBookFair.
When we get closer to the event, I will send a pdf flier that you can post, e-mail, etc.
We look forward to seeing you all on November 5. We expect it will be another great day!